    is there a trick to using many dtds with the same element names ?

    thanks

    davidT

    David Tucker, Sep 8, 2004

  2. In article <>,
    David Tucker <> wrote:
    >is there a trick to using many dtds with the same element names ?

    No. You can only declare each element name once in a DTD.

    >I do not want to use prefixes since that is almost like using new
    >elements.

    That's what you'll have to do. There are tricks with parameter
    entities to let the user choose the prefixes, rather than having them
    be fixed by the DTD, but if you want two elements called "foo" then at
    least one of them will have to be prefixed.

    -- Richard

    Richard Tobin, Sep 8, 2004