Multiple file downloads

Robert Scheer

Hi.

Is it possible to download multiple files at once? One of my pages
needs to allow my users to download 6 files. Instead of one link for
each file, I am trying to create just one link that when clicked,
download all the 6 files at once. Is it possible?

Thanks,
Robert Scheer

Mark Fitzpatrick

Unfortunately no. One link, one file justa s in a web page. What you could
do however is place them into a zip file or self-extracting zip and then
link to the zip file.

Hope this helps,
Mark Fitzpatrick
Microsoft MVP - FrontPage

Rick Strahl [MVP]

Robert,

Not without some trickery. Every Web Request can only return a single direct
response.

However, what you can do is provide a page with links to each of these files
you want to download and then use some JScript to force them to click the
links and initiate the download. The problem with this is though that you
will get download dialogs that need to be confirmed whcih may not be the
optimal UI you want to present <g>...

+++ Rick ---

--

Rick Strahl
West Wind Technologies

Kevin Spencer

Well, actually, he could, by spawning as many windows as he needs using
JavaScript. Messy, but possible.

--
HTH,
Kevin Spencer