multiple image submit buttons in one form

c676228

Hi all
I have the following code:
I am trying to use the value of the image button to evaluate what plan the
user has chosen, i.e. it request("submit1")="Basic", then the user chose
basic plan ...
But when I click one of the image button, the thing is different from what I
thought.

it seems that it has field name like submit1.x=24&submit1.y=10, looks like
the form submit swith the image button position values instead of the value
of the submit button itself. Am I crazy of doing this way? what should I do?
Thank you

background-image:url(image/select1_bg.png); background-position:bottom;
background-repeat:no-repeat"><div align="center"
style="padding-bottom:15px;color: #333333; font-weight:bold">Total Rate
<%=FormatCurrency(iBTotalDue)%><br>
<input type="image" src="image/buynow_voyager.jpg" name="BasicPlan"
value="Basic" >
background-image:url(image/select2_bg.png); background-position:bottom;
background-repeat:no-repeat"><div align="center"
style="padding-bottom:15px;color: #333333; font-weight:bold">Total Rate
<%=FormatCurrency(iPTotalDue)%><br>
<input type="image" src="image/buynow_voyager.jpg" name="PlusPlan"
value="Plus"
background-image:url(image/select3_bg.png); background-position:bottom;
background-repeat:no-repeat"><div align="center"
style="padding-bottom:15px;color: #333333; font-weight:bold">Total Rate
<%=FormatCurrency(iETotalDue)%><br>
<input type="image" src="image/buynow_voyager.jpg" name="ElitePlan"
value="Elite" >

Steven Cheng[MSFT]

Hi Betty,

How are you doing.

As for the <input type="image" .../> button, I think the value that will be
submited (related to each image button) is specific to browser. Based on my
test ,for IE7, it will submit the x, y position of the button, for firefox,
it will submit x,y postion in as well as the "value" attribute.

Therefore, for your scenario, I think you may consider a more flexible way
to distinct the submit from different image(or submit) button. For example,
you can use a hidden field to mark the clicked submit button and check at
server-side. Here is a FAQ article that demonstrate the similar approach:

#When I have multiple submit buttons, how do I tell which was clicked?
http://classicasp.aspfaq.com/forms/when-i-have-multiple-submit-buttons-how-d
o-i-tell-which-was-clicked.html

Hope this helps. If you have any other concerns or questions, please feel
free to let me know.

Sincerely,

Steven Cheng

Microsoft MSDN Online Support Lead

ications.

c676228

Steven,
Thanks for the late reply and thank you so much for the help.
Yes, I did use some hidden fields to solve a similar problem in aother
program. But somehow this Javascript doesn't work in a Mac OS 9.0 with IE 5.x
installed as I noticed in my monitoring program, somehow customers with this
system and using IE 5.x fail to submit the request and I cannot figure out
why(but if firefox is installed or Mac OS 10.0 is installed, everything seems
fine.) I still cannot figure out what is the best way yet.

Steven Cheng[MSFT]

Thanks for your followup Betty,

So the problem seems specific to that certain client box. Anyway, if you
need any help on ASP side programing, please feel free to post here.

Sincerely,

Steven Cheng

Microsoft MSDN Online Support Lead

c676228

Steven,
Sorry for the type, what I was trying to say is "Sorry for the late reply
and ..."

Not "thanks for the late reply and ..." :+(