Multiple Insert Help...

Mangler

I have a page that will populate information from a "reference" table
in the DB (SQL) like this:

sku qty
123 10
111 10
222 10
333 10

This information will be different each time the page is visited based
on the variable they submit. So next time it may show 20 records. My
question is how would I go about inserting this data to the DB? Can
anyone point me in the right direction to get me started?

Evertjan.

Mangler wrote on 09 nov 2007 in microsoft.public.inetserver.asp.general:
I have a page that will populate information from a "reference" table
in the DB (SQL) like this:

sku qty
123 10
111 10
222 10
333 10

This information will be different each time the page is visited based
on the variable they submit. So next time it may show 20 records. My
question is how would I go about inserting this data to the DB? Can
anyone point me in the right direction to get me started?

Use a <form> to send the data to the server.
Name the elements of the formm logically by clientside script,
allowing the user to enter a dynamic number of lines [records] composed of
two fields.

Receive the data using a serverside loop and drop each line [record] into
the database.

That's all.

Now go and experiment.

Mangler

[...]

Thank you. Thats all I was looking for bc if I know the process like
you provided I can play with the rest trying to make it work. Helps
me learn better although it gets frustrating sometimes. As always man
thanks!