    on the variable they submit. So next time it may show 20 records. My
    question is how would I go about inserting this data to the DB? Can
    anyone point me in the right direction to get me started?

    Mangler, Nov 9, 2007

  2. Mangler

    Evertjan. Guest

    Mangler wrote on 09 nov 2007 in microsoft.public.inetserver.asp.general:

    > I have a page that will populate information from a "reference" table
    > in the DB (SQL) like this:
    >
    > sku qty
    > 123 10
    > 111 10
    > 222 10
    > 333 10
    >

    > This information will be different each time the page is visited based
    > on the variable they submit. So next time it may show 20 records. My
    > question is how would I go about inserting this data to the DB? Can
    > anyone point me in the right direction to get me started?

    Use a <form> to send the data to the server.
    Name the elements of the formm logically by clientside script,
    allowing the user to enter a dynamic number of lines [records] composed of
    two fields.

    Receive the data using a serverside loop and drop each line [record] into
    the database.

    That's all.

    Now go and experiment.

    --
    Evertjan.
    The Netherlands.

    Evertjan., Nov 9, 2007

  3. Mangler

    Mangler Guest

    On Nov 9, 10:23 am, "Evertjan." <> wrote:
    > Mangler wrote on 09 nov 2007 in microsoft.public.inetserver.asp.general:
    >
    > > I have a page that will populate information from a "reference" table
    > > in the DB (SQL) like this:

    > > sku qty
    > > 123 10
    > > 111 10
    > > 222 10
    > > 333 10

    > > This information will be different each time the page is visited based
    > > on the variable they submit. So next time it may show 20 records. My
    > > question is how would I go about inserting this data to the DB? Can
    > > anyone point me in the right direction to get me started?

    > Use a <form> to send the data to the server.
    > Name the elements of the formm logically by clientside script,
    > allowing the user to enter a dynamic number of lines [records] composed of
    > two fields.
    >
    > Receive the data using a serverside loop and drop each line [record] into
    > the database.
    >
    > That's all.
    >
    > Now go and experiment.
    >
    > --
    > Evertjan.
    > The Netherlands.

    Thank you. Thats all I was looking for bc if I know the process like
    you provided I can play with the rest trying to make it work. Helps
    me learn better although it gets frustrating sometimes. As always man
    thanks!

    Mangler, Nov 9, 2007