Multiple instances of Internet Explorer.

Guest

Hello,

I am using a HyperLink Web Control to create a new window instance of the
same page that contains that control.

The problem is that if I am working with both instances at the same time, I
cannot execute them at the same time.
If I execute one first, when I try to execute the other it remains locked
until the other finishes.

What I am trying to do is to have a button in my application that creates
new instances of the same application.

Any idea to solve it?

Thank you.

Óscar.

John M Deal

If you haven't already, try switching to Release mode then run the
application. When you are in debug mode IIS will synchronously (maybe
not the right term but the right concept) process each page request so
that you can debug them (imagine trying to debug one set of statements
and suddenly your IDE jumps to another set because someone else tapped a
page on your machine). Hope this helps.

Have A Better One!

John M Deal, MCP
Necessity Software

bruce barker

the browser only allows 2 concurrent connections to the same server. be sure
there are no images or references on the page and you can get two to work at
once.

-- bruce (sqlwork.com)

| Hello,
|
| I am using a HyperLink Web Control to create a new window instance of the
| same page that contains that control.
|
| The problem is that if I am working with both instances at the same time,
| cannot execute them at the same time.
| If I execute one first, when I try to execute the other it remains locked
| until the other finishes.
|
| What I am trying to do is to have a button in my application that creates
| new instances of the same application.
|
| Any idea to solve it?
|
| Thank you.
|
| Óscar.

Guest

Thank you for you help.

I have been searching information about ASP.NET session.Finally I changed
the property EnableSessionState="readonly" in every aspx that does not
modifies the session and everything worked.

Regards.

Óscar.