Multiple java applications file association problem in one JNLP?

Discussion in 'Java' started by yp.yean@gmail.com, May 31, 2007.

  1. Guest

    Hello , all

    I have a problem in JWS with file association and main-class. I have a
    java application that has two entry classes, one is appmain.class that
    is required to launch from web, and the other is player.class that is
    required to launch when user double-click the .abc extension file.

    In JWS 5.0+, there is a association element in JNLP syntax that can be
    used to make the file association with .abc extension. But how can I
    declare the main-class in JNLP file?

    If I declare the application-desc element as <application-desc main-
    class="player">, the player.class will be launched from web. But if I
    declare it as <application-desc main-class="appmain">, the .abc
    extension wil be associated to the appmain.class.

    Does anyone know how to solve this problem? Thank you for your kindly
    help.

    , May 31, 2007

  2. Tom Hawtin Guest

    wrote:

    > I have a problem in JWS with file association and main-class. I have a
    > java application that has two entry classes, one is appmain.class that
    > is required to launch from web, and the other is player.class that is
    > required to launch when user double-click the .abc extension file.

    Can't you just check the length of the 'args' array passed to your main?

    Tom Hawtin

    Tom Hawtin, May 31, 2007