Multiple links to same page within a site map file

Guest

I have a navigation a quite complex navigation structure and i want to have
more than one way to navigate to the same page. It is a portal for a
manufacturing company, one of the areas of the site is a raw materials
management section, another is a packaging dept section. I want to group
together all the raw materials pages in one section, but some of them apply
specifically to the packing dept. so i also want the relevent pages in the
packing dept. section of the nav menu. When you try to do this using in the
sitemap file i get an error telling me there can't be multiple nodes with the
same url value. I have got round this by adding spurious qerystring info
onto the URL such as mypage.aspx?foo=bar, thus creating unique urls for each
node.

a. Does anyone know why there is this silly restriction ?

b. Is there a better way of getting round it than this ?

Guest

clickon,
Its defined unique so the current page node can be found. Maybe make
bookmarks in the pages and sitemap so the relevent spot in the page is
presented to the client.
<a name="#shiping"></a>
href="default.aspx#shipping

Good Luck