Multiple list boxes and controlling selections

sleon

I have two drop down list boxes, category, and subcategory. The
subcategory list does not get populated until a selection has been made
from the "category" list.

When a selection is made from the subcategory list, I want to use the
onchange "jumpMenu" function to position the web page to the selection
that was made. My question is this: Since I do not know which
subcategories will be displayed until a selection has been made from
the category list, how do I create my <options> tags that will only
list the subcategories that are relevant to the category selected, so
that I can use the "jumpMenu" function?

sleon

I am a complete newbie to javascript, if my question is incoherent, I
will
try and rephrase it...