Multiple list boxes

richard

If one has several list boxes on the same page, do they all have to have
different "names"? Or they can all be the same name?

I ran that through the validator and had no problems with that side of it.

Beauregard T. Shagnasty

richard said:
If one has several list boxes on the same page, do they all have to
have different "names"? Or they can all be the same name?
URL?

I ran that through the validator and had no problems with that side
of it.

Depends on the DOCTYPE, and other things. URL?

Jonathan N. Little

richard said:
Here, let me shove it up your ass for you.

And a Merry Christmas to you as well. Except for my typo, id does answer
your question... yes.

richard

Now why was I expecting this! <g>

Because I hate frickin people who ASSUME that others are too damned
ignorant to use a search engine. I ask h a question here AFTER I've
searched through finding nothing or little of help.

Beauregard T. Shagnasty

richard said:
Because I hate frickin people who ASSUME that others are too damned
ignorant to use a search engine. I ask h a question here AFTER I've
searched through finding nothing or little of help.

Your endless gratitude toward frickin peo^W^W helpers is a legend.

Why didn't your original post include something like "..and I've Googled
but found no satisfactory answers." And instead of "shove it up your
ass", how about "Thanks for the info, though."

Your original question can be answered with another question and a tiny
bit of logic. "How will my server-side processing script be able to tell
the difference among list boxes if the result set all uses the same
name?"

Norman Peelman

#1 - If google were the answer to everything then we wouldn't need
newsgroups.
#2 - If email/newsreaders would automatically subscribe to alt.test when
the account is set up, and then inform the user to post test messages to
it, well we wouldn't be yelling at testers...
#3 - As far as i'm concerned, every group should have a FAQ. And
email/newsreaders should direct users to look for them when joining groups.

Beauregard T. Shagnasty

#1 - If google were the answer to everything then we wouldn't need
newsgroups.
#2 - If email/newsreaders would automatically subscribe to alt.test
when the account is set up, and then inform the user to post test
messages to it, well we wouldn't be yelling at testers...
#3 - As far as i'm concerned, every group should have a FAQ. And
email/newsreaders should direct users to look for them when joining
groups.

Your points are well taken; but you are probably not familiar with the
Usenet history of richard "the sto0pid" bullis ...