    If one has several list boxes on the same page, do they all have to have
    different "names"? Or they can all be the same name?

    I ran that through the validator and had no problems with that side of it.

    richard, Dec 24, 2010

  2. richard the sto0pid wrote:

    > If one has several list boxes on the same page, do they all have to
    > have different "names"? Or they can all be the same name?

    URL?

    > I ran that through the validator and had no problems with that side
    > of it.

    Depends on the DOCTYPE, and other things. URL?

    --
    -bts

    Beauregard T. Shagnasty, Dec 24, 2010

  3. Jonathan N. Little, Dec 24, 2010
  4. Jonathan N. Little, Dec 24, 2010
  5. richard

    richard Guest

    On Fri, 24 Dec 2010 09:27:33 -0500, Jonathan N. Little wrote:

    > richard wrote:
    >> If one has several list boxes on the same page, do they all have to have
    >> different "names"? Or they can all be the same name?
    >>
    >> I ran that through the validator and had no problems with that side of it.

    > hint:
    >
    > http://www.lmgtfy.com?g=html form control array

    Here, let me shove it up your ass for you.

    richard, Dec 24, 2010
  6. richard wrote:
    > On Fri, 24 Dec 2010 09:27:33 -0500, Jonathan N. Little wrote:
    >
    >> richard wrote:
    >>> If one has several list boxes on the same page, do they all have to have
    >>> different "names"? Or they can all be the same name?
    >>>
    >>> I ran that through the validator and had no problems with that side of it.

    >> hint:
    >>
    >> http://www.lmgtfy.com?g=html form control array

    > Here, let me shove it up your ass for you.

    And a Merry Christmas to you as well. Except for my typo, id does answer
    your question... yes.

    --
    Take care,

    Jonathan
    -------------------
    LITTLE WORKS STUDIO
    http://www.LittleWorksStudio.com

    Jonathan N. Little, Dec 24, 2010
  7. richard

    dorayme Guest

    In article <>,
    richard <> wrote:

    > On Fri, 24 Dec 2010 09:27:33 -0500, Jonathan N. Little wrote:
    >
    > > richard wrote:
    > >> If one has several list boxes on the same page, do they all have to have
    > >> different "names"? Or they can all be the same name?
    > >>
    > >> I ran that through the validator and had no problems with that side of it.

    > > hint:
    > >
    > > http://www.lmgtfy.com?g=html form control array

    > Here, let me shove it up your ass for you.

    Now why was I expecting this! <g>

    --
    dorayme

    dorayme, Dec 24, 2010
  8. richard

    richard Guest

    On Sat, 25 Dec 2010 08:42:39 +1100, dorayme wrote:

    > In article <>,
    > richard <> wrote:

    >>> hint:
    >>>
    >>> http://www.lmgtfy.com?g=html form control array

    >> Here, let me shove it up your ass for you.

    > Now why was I expecting this! <g>

    Because I hate frickin people who ASSUME that others are too damned
    ignorant to use a search engine. I ask h a question here AFTER I've
    searched through finding nothing or little of help.

    richard, Dec 25, 2010
  9. richard the sto0pid wrote:

    > dorayme wrote:
    >> richard the sto0pid wrote:
    >>>
    >>> Here, let me shove it up your ass for you.

    >> Now why was I expecting this! <g>

    > Because I hate frickin people who ASSUME that others are too damned
    > ignorant to use a search engine. I ask h a question here AFTER I've
    > searched through finding nothing or little of help.

    Your endless gratitude toward frickin peo^W^W helpers is a legend.

    Why didn't your original post include something like "..and I've Googled
    but found no satisfactory answers." And instead of "shove it up your
    ass", how about "Thanks for the info, though."

    Your original question can be answered with another question and a tiny
    bit of logic. "How will my server-side processing script be able to tell
    the difference among list boxes if the result set all uses the same
    name?"

    --
    -bts
    -In a broadband world, you are just a dialup

    Beauregard T. Shagnasty, Dec 25, 2010

    #1 - If google were the answer to everything then we wouldn't need
    newsgroups.
    #2 - If email/newsreaders would automatically subscribe to alt.test when
    the account is set up, and then inform the user to post test messages to
    it, well we wouldn't be yelling at testers...
    #3 - As far as i'm concerned, every group should have a FAQ. And
    email/newsreaders should direct users to look for them when joining groups.

    --
    Norman
    Registered Linux user #461062

    Norman Peelman, Dec 25, 2010
  11. Norman Peelman wrote:

    > Beauregard T. Shagnasty wrote:
    >> richard the sto0pid wrote:

    >>> Because I hate frickin people who ASSUME that others are too damned
    >>> ignorant to use a search engine. I ask h a question here AFTER I've
    >>> searched through finding nothing or little of help.

    >> Your endless gratitude toward frickin peo^W^W helpers is a legend.
    >>
    >> Why didn't your original post include something like "..and I've
    >> Googled but found no satisfactory answers." And instead of "shove it
    >> up your ass", how about "Thanks for the info, though."
    >>
    >> Your original question can be answered with another question and a
    >> tiny bit of logic. "How will my server-side processing script be
    >> able to tell the difference among list boxes if the result set all
    >> uses the same name?"

    > #1 - If google were the answer to everything then we wouldn't need
    > newsgroups.
    > #2 - If email/newsreaders would automatically subscribe to alt.test
    > when the account is set up, and then inform the user to post test
    > messages to it, well we wouldn't be yelling at testers...
    > #3 - As far as i'm concerned, every group should have a FAQ. And
    > email/newsreaders should direct users to look for them when joining
    > groups.

    Your points are well taken; but you are probably not familiar with the
    Usenet history of richard "the sto0pid" bullis ...

    --
    -bts
    -This poast is valid through December 21, 2012

    Beauregard T. Shagnasty, Dec 25, 2010