Multiple logins in one application

Discussion in 'ASP .Net Security' started by TRO, Aug 30, 2006.

  1. TRO

    TRO Guest

    Hello all.

    I have a solution in which I need to hare two different login pages, one for
    admin and one for users.
    the site is set up as follows:

    Main site -- Publicly veiwable

    |---- User section -- Must be a registered user

    \--- Admin Section -- must be administrator

    I am using forms authentication against a SQL databae. It is working for the
    admin section but now I need to add a different login page for the user
    section.
    Of course, a user should not have access to the Admin section.
    I know that I could set up multiple applications, but that is not possible
    in my particular case.

    Is this possible? Is there something simple that I am missing?
    Any help would be useful.

    Timothy

    TRO, Aug 30, 2006

  2. AFAIK, ASP.NET 2.0 introduces the MemberShip API for that. With it you can
    easily use the LoginView control, which you can configure for different
    roles and/or users.

    Van den Driessche Willy, Sep 5, 2006