Multiple logins on a single account = application frozen?

Discussion in 'ASP .Net Security' started by Jeff, Jan 11, 2007.

  1. Jeff

    Jeff Guest

    Many months of demanding work came to a point this morning when I
    demoed my application for the client which consisted of about 30
    people. I supplied everyone with a single shared login and we all
    logged in.

    Next, nothing happened. The application just froze and was completely
    unresponsive - we did not even receive error messages. We restarted the
    application in IIS with no luck. It wasn't until we restarted IIS
    that the application began to work properly again and there have been
    no problems since (though we did not attempt to log in 30 people at
    once again).

    The only thing of interest in the Server's Event Log around that time
    was a couple of the following errors (which I researched and as far as
    I can tell are irrelevant):

    Event code: 4005
    Event message: Forms authentication failed for the request. Reason: The
    ticket supplied has expired.

    The only other point of interest, and maybe a big one, is that a
    duplication of the same application and database existing in a
    different location was also unresponsive during that time period. The
    two applications do not share the same database or post to the same
    areas.

    I'm clueless! Please help!

    Jeff
    Jeff, Jan 11, 2007

  2. Jeff

    Jeff Guest

    By the way, I am running ASP.net 2.0 and SQL Server 2000

    Jeff, Jan 11, 2007