multiple project solution in vs2008

GaryDean

I know this is a vs issue but nobody seems to answer posts over there...

In VS 2008 I can't seem to get a multiple project solution. If I create a
blank solution and add a project to it, it becomes just a project with not
solution node at the top so I can't "add a project" to the node. If I add a
project from the file menu it becomes that new project. I'm using Vista.

Anyone have a clue?
Thanks,
Gary

Cowboy \(Gregory A. Beamer\)

ASP.NET solution?

That is just the way it works with some types of projects. Go File >> Add
and add the second project and you will see the solution node show up in the
solution explorer. From then on you can right click to add. I am not sure if
there is a way around this, but if there is I am open ears, as I think it is
a pain having to add project 2 from the file menu.

GaryDean

That's how vs2005 works but not vs2008 on either of my machines running
Vista and Server2003. If I add a second project, the first one goes away
and I just have the second project. I even tried creating a blank solution
and adding projects: the solution went away. I can't find any way to have a
multiple project solution in vs2008.
Gary

Cowboy \(Gregory A. Beamer\)

That is strange. I have never seen it work like that before.

Are you sure you are adding to solution rather than creating a new solution?

Hongye Sun [MSFT]

Thanks for your post, Gary. Would you mind letting me know which newsgroup
you have posted before? Is it a managed newsgroup listed here
http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/subscriptions/aa974230.aspx? I will help to
forward your newsgroup usage issue to related team.

I believe that Mark has accurately answered your question. Would you please
try his solution and let us know whether it works? Please don't hesitate to
tell me if you still have any question. I am willing to help you.

Regards,
Hongye Sun ([email protected], remove 'online.')
Microsoft Online Community Support

(e-mail address removed).

http://support.microsoft.com/select/default.aspx?target=assistance&ln=en-us.

Regent

GaryDean said:
I know this is a vs issue but nobody seems to answer posts over there...

In VS 2008 I can't seem to get a multiple project solution. If I create a
blank solution and add a project to it, it becomes just a project with not
solution node at the top so I can't "add a project" to the node. If I add a
project from the file menu it becomes that new project. I'm using Vista.

Anyone have a clue?
Thanks,
Gary

SIS

This is the best solution:

Tools--> Options -->Projects and Solutions -->General

Check "Always show solution"

I too struggled for a few minutes to locate the solution in solution explorer.

Thanks.