Multiple Root Elements Problem

Joe

Hi,

A designer sent me her web project, which she developed in MS
Expression Web and it is now my job to complete the ASP.NET part and
hook it up to the database...etc.

I opened her project and I get an error message on every page
that said that I have multiple root elements on line 8 position 2 of
my web.config file. I have the plain vanilla web.config file that
Visual Studio gives to you when you add a new web.config file to your
project. So I can't see how something can be wrong with it from the
start.

The error appears in the first line of every .aspx page. Any
ideas what may be causing this? Here is the first line of my
MasterPageFile

Any help appreciated.

Joe