Multiple select DropDownList

Guest

Hi,

Does anyone know how (if you can) make a DropDownList allow multiple
selections? Failing that, of any FREE controls that allow that functionality?

Cheers

Dan

Guest

HI Eliyahu,

Yeah, I understand your puzzlement! I have seen it done before though, it
was like a drop down list, so u click it and the lsit stays up, and u could
click multiples and close the drop down. Each item had a tick next to it.

If its not easy, I'll have to make room for using a ListBox, but I didn't
really wanna do that! Just thought I'd ask around first..... :eek:)

Cheers

Dan

Eliyahu Goldin

Dan,

ASP.NET ddl doesn't allow this. I am a bit confused about the very idea of a
ddl with multiple select. How should it behave? In ddl you can see only one
item. How would you get an idea if any other items are selected or no? May
be you need a listbox? Or selecting items from ddl one by one and showing
the selecting items in a different place?

Eliyahu

Joined
Sep 15, 2009
Messages
1
Reaction score
0
Check this Multiple Selection Control

ht tp://blog.ysatech.com/post/2009/09/09/ASP-NET-Multiple-Selection-DropDownList-with-AJAX-HoverMenuExtender.aspx