multiple statements in the debugger

Discussion in 'Perl Misc' started by avilella@gmail.com, Jun 14, 2006.

  1. Guest

    Hi all,

    I am using the perl debugger under Emacs, and for a long time I have
    wondered if
    there is a way to do trigger more than one statement at the same line.

    For example:

    Let's say I have a breakpoint at a place in my code, and at some point
    I want to do a:

    DB<2> c

    and after that I want to print the contents of something, like:

    DB<2> x @foo

    and I want to do this all over again, and again.

    Is there a way to do that in one line?

    Something like:

    DB<2> c ; x @foo

    At some point, then I will be able to do something like:

    DB<2> c ; x @foo; c ; x @foo2; c x @foo3 ; c; x @foo4; n; x @bar; n; n;
    x @bar2

    or anything more complicated...

    I'm sure there is a Perl/Emacs guru out there that knows how to do
    that, in a way or another.

    Thanks in advance,

    Bests,

    Albert.