Multiple Subdirectories with different login pages

Guest

Ok here goes:

WEBSITE main directory allows anonymous users fine.
SITEA, SITEB, and SITEC are all subdirectories under WEBSITE that refer to
graphics and javascript in the main virtual directory. So we have the
following structure.
/WEBSITE
/WEBSITE/images
/WEBSITE/js
/WEBSITE/SITEA/.....
/WEBSITE/SITEB/.....
/WEBSiTE/SITEC/.....

Now sites A,B, and C will all have seperate loging forms using custom
authentication but I want the web.config to control access so that anyone
attempting to go directly to a page in one of the sites will be redirected
back to the login.aspx.... /SITEA/login.aspx, /SITEB/login.aspx, or
/SITEC/login.aspx.

I cannot place a seperate web.config in the the subdirectories with their
own authentication xml elements...

HELP!

Brian

Brock Allen

<authentication> can only be specified per application. If you want different
authentication schemes for the child directories then you'll have to make
them applications in IIS.

Guest

So I suppose the only way to share the images and js directories is to make
them virtual directories as well.

Brock Allen

Yep -- a nested virtual directory under all of your applications' directories
mapped to the same physical location works.