Multiple Template Tags within repeater?

blugrasmaniac

I have discovered that within a <ASP:REPEATER> control, I can specify
multiple tags, such as <ItemTemplate> and <AlternatingItemTemplate>.

So that I could write code like following:

<asp:Repeater id="XRefResultsRepeater" runat="server">
<HeaderTemplate>
</HeaderTemplate>

<ItemTemplate>
</ItemTemplate>

<AlternatingItemTemplate>
</AlternatingItemTemplate>

<ItemTemplate>
</ItemTemplate>
</asp:Repeater>

It appears to work wonderfully and saves much repeated code when all I
wish to is alternate the BGColor of the Table Row <TR> tag and many
columns <TD> are involved.

I can't find this documented, though...does anyone know if this
technique is something that I can safely practice??

Thanks,
JOEG

blugrasmaniac

never mind......and for the record - It doesn't work quite as described after all!