    this? Does this ways has any drawbacks? Give me some idea, please.

    Thanks
    Chamnap

    Chamnap, Aug 16, 2007

  2. Chamnap wrote:
    > I want to implement multiple uploads with multiple iframe posting to
    > the server at the same time. Do all of you think it is possible to do
    > this?

    I can't speak for all readers, but I think it is possible.

    > Does this ways has any drawbacks?

    Yes.

    1. The iframe element (standardized per HTTP 4.01) is still not universally
    supported.

    2. You would need to use client-side scripting to submit the data. Without
    it, either nothing could be submitted, or the user would have to submit
    each file manually, in each iframe (provided he is able to, the `iframe'
    element does not appear to comply to WCAG 1.0).

    3. The user might wonder what data is submitted automatically, as they can
    not really see what happens. Given a level of user paranoia, they
    might distrust you doing something useful here which in turn could
    further push public opinion in a direction against the implementation
    of client-side scripting on Web sites. (See popup blockers, disabled
    script support.)

    4. The total of simultaneous (persistent) HTTP connections at the client is
    limited as recommended per RFC2616 (HTTP/1.1). Default for HTTP/1.0 on
    IE are 4, 2 (as recommended) for HTTP/1.1.

    And the number of simultaneous HTTP connections the server accepts from
    one client is usually limited, to maintain server performance.

    It is likely that least one upload would have to wait for another to
    finish.

    You should use a server-side script that can handle the upload of several
    files through one persistent HTTP connection, as it can be seen being used,
    for example, by several Web e-mail providers for uploading attachments.

    PointedEars
    --
    realism: HTML 4.01 Strict
    evangelism: XHTML 1.0 Strict

    Thomas 'PointedEars' Lahn, Aug 16, 2007

  3. Chamnap

    Chamnap Guest

    So, Do you think queue upload is better than simultaneous upload?

    Chamnap, Aug 17, 2007
  4. Chamnap

    Chamnap Guest

    One more thing. I have one page like this:
    Album: <textbox>
    Date: <textbox>
    Pictures: <file upload>
    Pictures: <file upload>
    Pictures: <file upload>

    Do you think I should one form for all these or one form for the two
    above textbox and one form with every file upload?

    Thanks
    Chamnap

    Chamnap, Aug 17, 2007
  5. Chamnap wrote:
    > One more thing. I have one page like this:
    > Album: <textbox>
    > Date: <textbox>
    > Pictures: <file upload>
    > Pictures: <file upload>
    > Pictures: <file upload>
    >
    > Do you think I should one form for all these or one form for the two
    > above textbox and one form with every file upload?

    One form for all submitted information that belongs together.

    Please quote the minimum of what you are replying to.

    HTH

    PointedEars

    Thomas 'PointedEars' Lahn, Aug 17, 2007
  6. Chamnap