Multiple upload with multiple iframe

Chamnap

Hello,

I want to implement multiple uploads with multiple iframe posting to
the server at the same time. Do all of you think it is possible to do
this? Does this ways has any drawbacks? Give me some idea, please.

Thanks
Chamnap

Thomas 'PointedEars' Lahn

Chamnap said:
I want to implement multiple uploads with multiple iframe posting to
the server at the same time. Do all of you think it is possible to do
this?

I can't speak for all readers, but I think it is possible.
Does this ways has any drawbacks?

Yes.

1. The iframe element (standardized per HTTP 4.01) is still not universally
supported.

2. You would need to use client-side scripting to submit the data. Without
it, either nothing could be submitted, or the user would have to submit
each file manually, in each iframe (provided he is able to, the `iframe'
element does not appear to comply to WCAG 1.0).

3. The user might wonder what data is submitted automatically, as they can
not really see what happens. Given a level of user paranoia, they
might distrust you doing something useful here which in turn could
further push public opinion in a direction against the implementation
of client-side scripting on Web sites. (See popup blockers, disabled
script support.)

4. The total of simultaneous (persistent) HTTP connections at the client is
limited as recommended per RFC2616 (HTTP/1.1). Default for HTTP/1.0 on
IE are 4, 2 (as recommended) for HTTP/1.1.

And the number of simultaneous HTTP connections the server accepts from
one client is usually limited, to maintain server performance.

It is likely that least one upload would have to wait for another to
finish.

You should use a server-side script that can handle the upload of several
files through one persistent HTTP connection, as it can be seen being used,
for example, by several Web e-mail providers for uploading attachments.

PointedEars

Chamnap

One more thing. I have one page like this:
Album: <textbox>
Date: <textbox>
Pictures: <file upload>
Pictures: <file upload>
Pictures: <file upload>

Do you think I should one form for all these or one form for the two
above textbox and one form with every file upload?

Thanks
Chamnap

Thomas 'PointedEars' Lahn

Date: <textbox>
Pictures: <file upload>
Pictures: <file upload>
Pictures: <file upload>

Do you think I should one form for all these or one form for the two
above textbox and one form with every file upload?

One form for all submitted information that belongs together.

Please quote the minimum of what you are replying to.

HTH

PointedEars