    I would like the index.htm to display a different look depending on
    the url being used. Or, branch to a different html file for each of
    the urls being used. Possible? TIA
    Fan924, Sep 5, 2008

  2. Fan924 wrote:

    > I have a single web site and am going to have several different web
    > address pointed at it.

    The point being...?

    > They will all share the same index.htm file.

    Which "they"? Didn't you say you have a signle site

    > Example urls.
    > www.example_one.com
    > www.example_two.com
    > www.example_three.com

    Poor example URLs, since thet are not guaranteed to be nonexistent. Use
    one.example.com instead, for example (pun intended).

    > I would like the index.htm to display a different look depending on
    > the url being used.

    Didn't you say you they are share the same index.htm file? Oh well, it _is_
    technically possible to make it appear differently, if it refers to a CSS
    file that is server-generated and actually looks at the server name
    (ultimately, the Host header). But what's the point?

    > Or, branch to a different html file for each of
    > the urls being used. Possible? TIA

    So you want different sites, really? Then you just need your server-side
    code to check for the Host header. Further information cannot be given,
    since you gave for further facts (well, really no facts).

    Yucca
    Jukka K. Korpela, Sep 5, 2008