    in between. Validating gives two errors for each repeated div.
    --
    -Doug

    bole2cant, Jun 24, 2003

  2. bole2cant

    brucie Guest

    In post <bdae56$q12$>
    bole2cant said...

    > Is there a way to use a division twice on a page without duplicating its
    > attributes under a new name in the stylesheet?

    give the <div>s the same class if they use the same CSS

    > I'm converting from table layout to div layout. The div's at the bottom of the
    > page are exactly the same as the div's at the top of the page--non-div content
    > in between. Validating gives two errors for each repeated div.

    URI?

    --
    brucie a. blackford. 25/June/2003 07:12:48 am kilo.
    http://loser.brucies.com/

    brucie, Jun 24, 2003

  3. Jukka K. Korpela, Jun 24, 2003
  4. bole2cant

    bole2cant Guest

    "Jukka K. Korpela" <> wrote in message
    > "bole2cant" <> wrote:
    >
    > > Validating gives two errors for each repeated div.

    > The crystal ball says that you have id attributes in them. By HTML
    > definition, id attribute values must be unique within a document.

    ==================
    At this point I don't know the proper terminology but I think you are telling
    me that YES I must repeat the same attributes in the stylesheet as
    div#right{...} AND div#rightftr{...} .
    i.e.,
    div#right{...} cannot be used as

    Thanks.
    --
    Doug

    bole2cant, Jun 24, 2003
  5. bole2cant

    bole2cant Guest

    "brucie" wrote:

    > change the id (#) to a class (.)
    > div.right{...}
    > you can then use the '.right' class as many times as you like in the
    > page.

    That is the information I needed. I changed them and all is well.
    (Well, except for the •)

    Thanks, Brucie. I appreciate your help.
    --
    -Doug in Utah