Multiple User Controls

Steven Clark

Hi

Hope someone can help.

I wish to use the same user control, twice on the one page but everytime I
do it things go wrong.

This control is my own custom version of the ad-rotator which query's a
database to return a random image. The control has 3 public properties...
height, width & Filter. The control will exist inside another user control
i.e. I have a control for the header and another for the side bar and this
control will appear in both and then on a master page.

Every time I do this, the first ad user control on the page sets itself to
the same values as the second control on the page. I have tried placing the
controls manually and loading progmatically but with no luck.

I have tried the following:

<%@ Register Src="../components/adRotator.ascx" TagName="adRotator"
TagPrefix="uc1" %>
<uc1:adRotator id="AdRotator1" runat="server" Height="72px" Width="392px"
filter="T"></uc1:adRotator>
<uc1:adRotator id="AdRotator2" runat="server" Height="240px" Width="120px"
filter="T"></uc1:adRotator>

and
<%@ Register Src="../components/adRotator.ascx" TagName="adRotator"
TagPrefix="uc1" %>
<%@ Register Src="../components/adRotator.ascx" TagName="adRotator"
TagPrefix="uc2" %>
<uc1:adRotator id="AdRotator1" runat="server" Height="72px" Width="392px"
filter="T"></uc1:adRotator>
<uc2:adRotator id="AdRotator2" runat="server" Height="240px" Width="120px"
filter="T"></uc2:adRotator>

Please let me know if you need any more code extracts.

I hope you can help.

Steven

John Saunders [MVP]

Steven Clark said:
[...]

Do you have any static (Shared in VB.NET) data? If so, that data would be
shared between the two instances of the control.