Multiple Validators printing multiple messages

tshad

Sorry,

My last post got messed up.

I have a password box that I want to validate for required as well as for
validity. So I have the following:

runat="server" />
<asp:RequiredFieldValidator
ControlToValidate="txtPassword"
Text="You must enter an password"
Font-Size="10"
runat="server" />
<asp:CustomValidator
ControlToValidate="txtEmail"
OnServerValidate="ValidateEmail"
Font-Size="10"
Display="Dynamic"
Text="Not Valid !"
runat="server" />

If I put nothing in the field, I get:

You must enter an password Not Valid !

Why is this? I want both validators as I need to make sure something is
entered and get one message and if something is entered, I need a different
message if the password is invalid.

Thanks,

Tom

tshad

Peter Blum said:
Your validators point to different controls with their ControlToValidate
properties.

You're right.

I must be blind. When I changed it, it worked fine.

Thanks,

Tom