    Regards,
    Oljeg
    , Jan 5, 2006

  2. Hi.

    If you have a high load (1000 calls per second) maybe web services will
    introduce much overhead inthe system and you should go with a more low-level
    solution.
    Anyway, the external calls should be made in parallel, I would recommend
    implementing your own ThreadPool as it would give you a lot more flexibility.
    You will have a great thread overhead and should plan carefully your
    multithreaded approach.
    If you finally plan on using the basic ThreadPool, have in mind that IIS has
    a default limit on the maximum number of concurrent threads that will limit
    your performance (see machine.config).

    Just my 2p

    Rodrigo García, Jan 9, 2006