Multiple webapps under tomcat 5

Discussion in 'Java' started by WD, Aug 19, 2005.

  1. WD

    WD Guest

    Hi,

    I'm trying to run multiple webapps under tomcat but I can't seem to get
    more than 1 to work. This is an overview of my tomcat structure

    tomcat -- webapps -- app1 -- META-INF (context.xml)
    -- WEB-INF (contains com.customapp.* class)
    -- app2 -- META-INF (context.xml)
    -- WEB-INF (contains com.customapp.* class)

    Both the webapps uses similar named classes but the files are
    physically separated into their respective webapps directories. Is
    there a way to totally isolate the webapps so that they do not
    interfere with each other?

    Any help is appreciated.

    WD
    WD, Aug 19, 2005

  2. WD wrote:
    > Hi,
    >
    > I'm trying to run multiple webapps under tomcat but I can't seem to get
    > more than 1 to work. This is an overview of my tomcat structure
    >

    > tomcat -- webapps -- app1 -- META-INF (context.xml)
    > -- WEB-INF (contains com.customapp.* class)
    > -- app2 -- META-INF (context.xml)
    > -- WEB-INF (contains com.customapp.* class)
    >
    > Both the webapps uses similar named classes but the files are
    > physically separated into their respective webapps directories. Is
    > there a way to totally isolate the webapps so that they do not
    > interfere with each other?

    The servlet specification says that each web application should get its
    own classloading space. It appears that you have done this correctly.

    You do not provide us with any error messages or indicate exactly how
    this is failing for you. It will be difficult to help you in this case.

    Ray

    --
    XML is the programmer's duct tape.
    Raymond DeCampo, Aug 19, 2005