Multiple Websites and Single Sign in

Jai

Hi,

I have a problem related to Login System.

I am developing 3 websites for some institution.Now they want that if
anybody had sign up for there site1.com(say), than he or she should be
able to sign in for site2.com and site3.com.

hence, if user has sign up for the membership of site1.com than he/she
should automicallly become the member of site2.com and site3.com.
and
also if the member sign in for the site1.com and if opens sign2.com or
site3.com than there he/she must be shown as "Already Login"

Anybody Please tell me how can i make a Login System(with 1000%
security) which is available to mulitple websites.

If possible give some reference also......

Thanks in advance.........

Mark Rae

I have a problem related to Login System.

I am developing 3 websites for some institution.Now they want that if
anybody had sign up for there site1.com(say), than he or she should be
able to sign in for site2.com and site3.com.

hence, if user has sign up for the membership of site1.com than he/she
should automicallly become the member of site2.com and site3.com.
and
also if the member sign in for the site1.com and if opens sign2.com or
site3.com than there he/she must be shown as "Already Login"

Anybody Please tell me how can i make a Login System(with 1000%
security) which is available to mulitple websites.

All you need is a back-end database that all three sites can access. Create
a single user table holding login details e.g. userid, (encrypted) password
etc Also include a field containing a boolean value to indicate whether the
user is logged on or not. Finally, make sure all three sites use SSL.

The only problem (and it's not much of a problem) I have is that if users
don't log out "cleanly" i.e. by clicking the Log Out button, then the
boolean flag in the database doesn't get updated until their session times
out 20 minutes later...

Brennan Stehling

Consider CardSpace, a single sign-on solution which will be out in
January.

http://cardspace.netfx3.com/

If these sites are all ASP.NET you can also configure them with the
ASP.NET Memberhsip and Role providers and point them to a common
database. If you cannot have them all access the common database, you
can at least synchronize these databases to a central database
regularly.

I created some controls you can use here.

http://brennan.offwhite.net/blog/2006/09/15/free-controls-for-user-and-roles-management/

Brennan Stehling
http://brennan.offwhite.net/blog/

Guest

If the sites are under the same domain then write a cookie that contains a
unique key identifying the user, and read the cookie on all the page loads to
see if the user should be logged in. This works because cookies span multiple
..net apps within the same session.