Multiple Webspace Applications - Update Hangs Webspace

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by Thom Little, Aug 8, 2006.

  1. Thom Little

    Thom Little Guest

    I need to have multiple applications in the same 2.0 webspace.

    I am using the add-in to Visual Studio 2005 that permits me to do this and
    it creates namespaces in a manner very similar to 1.1 in Visual Studio 2003
    and in addition supports the "partial" class structure.

    I develop an application on a machine and then FTP the .aspx files and .dll
    file to a remote server for hosting. There are multiple application
    directories in the root. Each contains the .aspx and data pages for one or
    more applications. There is one Bin directory in the root. It contains all
    the .dll files for all the applications.

    Everything works fine except for one thing. When I install an update to one
    of the applications (by copying exactly the same named documents to exactly
    the same locations) ASP.NET 2.0 hangs and none of the applications in that
    webspace execute.

    After a while (2 hours?) the condition is somehow resets and the new version
    of the application (and all the other applications) are operational.

    Is this a known problem? If it is, is there a known solution? What was the
    source of your information?

    Thanks.

    --
    -- Thom Little -- www.tlanet.net -- Thom Little Associates, Ltd.