Multiple Webspace Applications - Update Hangs Webspace

Thom Little

I need to have multiple applications in the same 2.0 webspace.

I am using the add-in to Visual Studio 2005 that permits me to do this and
it creates namespaces in a manner very similar to 1.1 in Visual Studio 2003
and in addition supports the "partial" class structure.

I develop an application on a machine and then FTP the .aspx files and .dll
file to a remote server for hosting. There are multiple application
directories in the root. Each contains the .aspx and data pages for one or
more applications. There is one Bin directory in the root. It contains all
the .dll files for all the applications.

Everything works fine except for one thing. When I install an update to one
of the applications (by copying exactly the same named documents to exactly
the same locations) ASP.NET 2.0 hangs and none of the applications in that
webspace execute.

After a while (2 hours?) the condition is somehow resets and the new version
of the application (and all the other applications) are operational.

Is this a known problem? If it is, is there a known solution? What was the
source of your information?

Thanks.