multiple xml stylesheets

Kevin

I would like to change the naming convention for my stylesheets so
they include the version number of the release. Because the xml files
that are created by the application may be read and created between
multiple versions of the application (those that have the latest
updates, and those that do not), there is a need to either use the
latest xsl stylesheet, or use the previous xsl (generic version)
stylesheet.

Is there a way to use the latest style sheet if it exists, and if not,
then use the older generic stylesheet?

I know that I can specify multiple stylesheets but if the new one does
not exist in this case, the xml does not display in the browser.

<?xml-stylesheet type='text/xsl' href='new_style_sheet_Version1.xsl' ?<?xml-stylesheet type='text/xsl' href='generic.xsl' ?>