Multiselect listbox jumps to top on postback

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by Lenard Gunda, Aug 17, 2005.

  1. Lenard Gunda

    Lenard Gunda Guest

    Hi,

    I have the following problem. On a page I have a multiple selection listbox.
    It contains a lot of items. When items near the bottom are selected, and I
    do a postback, the control jumpst to the top. If there are a lot of items,
    this can get very annoying, always having to scroll down to the selected
    items (if I want to change them, or something).

    This behavior is only in Internet Explorer, and only with multiple selection
    listboxes. If a single selection box is used, the selection is always
    visible, even after a postback. In Firefox, even a multiple selections jump
    to the first selected, on postback.

    Is there a way (javascript or something) to make IE behave the same way -
    that is, to scroll to the first selection in a multiple select listbox on
    postback?

    Thanks for any help

    Best Regards

    -Lenard

    Lenard Gunda, Aug 17, 2005

  2. Lenard Gunda

    Guest

    , Aug 17, 2005

  3. Lenard Gunda

    Raghuram Guest

    but because of Smartnavigation = true, this will cause any of the java
    scripts like java script menu will be disabled . . .
    Raghuram

    Raghuram, Aug 17, 2005
  4. Hi,

    Stumbled upon a piece of javascript code for smart navigation functionality,
    when i wanted something similar.
    I have put this on my blog.
    see if this link helps.
    http://kannanv.blogspot.com/2004_10_01_kannanv_archive.html
    --
    Kannan.V
    Home : http://www.kannanv.com

    "Any one who has never made a mistake has never tried anything new" - Einstein

    =?Utf-8?B?S2FubmFuLlYgW01DU0QubmV0XQ==?=, Aug 17, 2005