multitasking

kak3012

Hi,

I need to learn how to make a multitasking.

I have 2 process.

Process 1 : runs a computing some number of times. Lets say it is N.

Process 2 : As soo nas the process1 starts, process 2 will do something
else.

As soon as the process1 reaches the Nmax, process 2 will be stoped.

Where can I find such an example? I use VC++ 7.0 but any code would be a
good example, of course it is not much different than the C++...

Regards..

Matt Bitten

It looks like your question is not really about C++ (which contains
no support for multitasking). Rather, you are asking about process
management and communication under MS-Windows. You might want to ask
again in one of the windows newsgroups.

kak3012

sorry

so which windows group is O.K. to ask this question Matt.. I mean
comp.os.windows.win32 or anything else?

Ioannis Vranos

kak3012 said:
sorry

so which windows group is O.K. to ask this question Matt.. I mean
comp.os.windows.win32 or anything else?

At first I suppose you are looking for multithreading and not multitasking.

If you are using Visual Studio 2003, then you are probably looking for
multithreading under .NET.

A nice beginner to intermediate level book that you can read, and covers
all .NET facilities, and covers multithreading, is "Visual C++ .NET How
To Program" by Deitel.

http://vig.prenhall.com/catalog/academic/product/0,1144,0134373774,00.html

BTW the topic of clc++ is the C++ language itself as defined by the ISO
standard, and this subject is off topic here.

You should ask in microsoft.public.dotnet.languages.vc newsgroup.

If it doesn't appear in your news server use the public MS news server:

msnews.microsoft.com

John Carson

kak3012 said:
sorry

so which windows group is O.K. to ask this question Matt.. I mean
comp.os.windows.win32 or anything else?

microsoft.public.vc.language

Thomas Matthews

kak3012 said:
Hi,

I need to learn how to make a multitasking.

I have 2 process.

Process 1 : runs a computing some number of times. Lets say it is N.

Process 2 : As soo nas the process1 starts, process 2 will do something
else.

As soon as the process1 reaches the Nmax, process 2 will be stoped.

Where can I find such an example? I use VC++ 7.0 but any code would be a
good example, of course it is not much different than the C++...

Regards..

You _can_ multitask using C++.

Break up Process1 into functional pieces; or if it is iterative,
have it perform one or a few iterations.

Next, modify Process2 to call Process1 (or a piece of it).

One of the objectives is to figure out how many and at what
locations within Process2 to call Process1. That is left as
your exercise.

The above assumes that Process1 and Process2 are functions within
the same program. Executing other programs or communicating
with them is outside the discussion scope of this newsgroup.

--
Thomas Matthews

C++ newsgroup welcome message:
http://www.slack.net/~shiva/welcome.txt