Multithreading Async aspx best approach

milesm

I've spent the last 3 hours reading various MSDN articles, other site
articles and news group postings and was wondering what the best approach to
my situation would be since I'm unable to come up with the best approach.

What's Needed........
1. Various background SQL inserts that don't interrupt the client
request/response
2. Various background emails generated and sent that are separate from the
client request/response
3. Every single page load doing a SQL insert that is separate from the
client request/response
4. And other similar tasks........

Also, my site is running MSCMS 2002. Now, should I put all this background
processing code in a separate dll that can be called from the application
state? Or, put code in a separate dl that can be called from anywhere as
needed? And, what would be the best approach........

Async Handler with custom thread pool below seems like overkill, isn't their
a much easier way?
http://msdn.microsoft.com/msdnmag/issues/03/06/Threading/