    Programming.

    I am more interested in PSOIX threads and socket programming. Please
    suggest some good books.
    DanielJohnson, Apr 4, 2008

  2. On 4 Apr 2008 at 4:10, DanielJohnson wrote:
    > I know my question is not appropriate for this newgroup. But I only
    > need right reference to Books on Multithreading and Socket
    > Programming.
    >
    > I am more interested in PSOIX threads and socket programming. Please
    > suggest some good books.

    I think "Pthreads primer, a guide to multithreaded programming" by Lewis
    and Berg is a nice introduction to POSIX threads. For sockets, "Unix
    network programming" by Stevens is the bible.
    Antoninus Twink, Apr 4, 2008

  3. DanielJohnson <> writes:
    > I know my question is not appropriate for this newgroup. But I only
    > need right reference to Books on Multithreading and Socket
    > Programming.
    >
    > I am more interested in PSOIX threads and socket programming. Please
    > suggest some good books.

    The folks in comp.programming.threads, or perhaps
    comp.unix.programmer, can probably give you better advice than we can.

    --
    Keith Thompson (The_Other_Keith) <>
    Nokia
    Keith Thompson, Apr 4, 2008
  4. DanielJohnson

    Richard Guest

    Keith Thompson <> writes:

    > DanielJohnson <> writes:
    >> I know my question is not appropriate for this newgroup. But I only
    >> need right reference to Books on Multithreading and Socket
    >> Programming.
    >>
    >> I am more interested in PSOIX threads and socket programming. Please
    >> suggest some good books.

    > The folks in comp.programming.threads, or perhaps
    > comp.unix.programmer, can probably give you better advice than we can.

    "Programming with POSIX Threads" by Butenhof is excellent.
    Richard, Apr 4, 2008