Multithreading library

Brzezi

Hi.

I`m mostly java programmer, but I know a C++ too. Now I have to write
multithread application in C++.
Which library for multithread programing would you recomend for me? if you
know that I progrm in java.
Is there any similar to java library?

I wish library would be multiplatform, Windows and Linux are uregent for me
only, if there wouldn`t be any multiplatform, finally it can be for Windows
only...

What do you think about boost-thread?

Thanks in advance for any help.

Pozdrawiam
Brzezi

Catalin Pitis

Brzezi said:
Hi.

I`m mostly java programmer, but I know a C++ too. Now I have to write
multithread application in C++.
Which library for multithread programing would you recomend for me? if you
know that I progrm in java.
Is there any similar to java library?

I wish library would be multiplatform, Windows and Linux are uregent for
me
only, if there wouldn`t be any multiplatform, finally it can be for
Windows
only...

What do you think about boost-thread?

Thanks in advance for any help.

Boost library is simple and easy to use. It is a very good candidate, since
it provides the basic threading operations support. For advanced concurrent,
distributed programming, you can try ACE library, for example. But I warn
you, is much more complex than boost thread library.

Catalin