    However, on page postback if I do page.validate, page.isValid. I
    don't believe the controls in the other views are being tested. How
    can I validate all the controls within the multiview?
    Chuck P, Nov 15, 2006

  2. Hi Chuck,

    It's a design decision that controls/validators in a hidden View will not
    be validated; also you're right about the client-side validation: the
    controls inside hidden View aren't rendered to client at all, thus not
    possible to validate them at client-side.

    As a workaround, I'm afraid you will have to manually make each View active
    then do the validation again:

    private void ValidateMultiView(MultiView mv)
    int savedIndex = mv.ActiveViewIndex;
    for (int i = 0; i < mv.Views.Count; i++)
    mv.ActiveViewIndex = i;
    mv.ActiveViewIndex = savedIndex;

    Note: if you have code in the MultiView's event ActiveViewChanged, please
    be aware that above code will trigger the event too; you might want to use
    a member variable to bypass the logic there if it's caused by this function.

    Walter Wang (, remove 'online.')
    Microsoft Online Community Support

    Walter Wang [MSFT], Nov 16, 2006