Multple postbacks

Guest

Assuming a page with a "save" asp button. Seems that application users are
pressing the button multiple times without waiting the postback completion
and page refresh. This causes multiple execution of the corresponding event
delegate without reason. I want to block this. What is the recommended way to
do this ?

Thanks

Guest

Daniel,

Thanks for your reply. I checked your article and I believe there is a
problem. If you are submitting an asp.net for with the submit button yoy are
bypassing any control validators code. And I dont know how to avoid this.

S. Justin Gengo

Argirop,

I wrote a javascript that is part of a free component you may download
here: http://www.aboutfortunate.com?page=javascriptdemo which does exactly
what you want.

Much like Daniel's script it stops the button click, but it first calls
..Net's own page validation routine so that the form will only be submitted
if valid and so the button will only be disabled if the page is valid.

--
Sincerely,

S. Justin Gengo, MCP
Web Developer / Programmer

www.aboutfortunate.com

"Out of chaos comes order."
Nietzsche

Daniel Walzenbach

Hi Argirop,

good to hear you solved your problem! What did you do? If you post your
solution others can participate as well!

Have a nice weekend

Daniel Walzenbach