munged amail addy or not?

Discussion in 'HTML' started by Big Bill, Dec 28, 2004.

  1. Big Bill

    Big Bill Guest

    I found a proggie that does this - is it any good or can you
    smartieboots types see right through it?

    <SCRIPT LANGUAGE=javascript>
    <!--
    var fk7="mai"
    var snk="lto:"
    var utl='kruse'+'%40'+'cityscape.co'+'.'+'uk';
    var itk='email me';
    document.write('<A H'+'REF="'+fk7+snk+utl+'">'+itk+'</A>');
    //-->

    and could I put it in an external file and link to it? Would that make
    a diff?

    BB

    --
    www.kruse.co.uk
    home of SEO that's shiny!
    Big Bill, Dec 28, 2004

  2. Big Bill

    Neal Guest

    On Tue, 28 Dec 2004 11:07:19 GMT, Big Bill <> wrote:

    > I found a proggie that does this

    Amail? Cool. The "a" must stand for "awesome".

    ;)
    Neal, Dec 28, 2004

  3. Big Bill <> wrote:

    > I found a proggie that does this - is it any good or can you
    > smartieboots types see right through it?

    Did you try to view the page with JavaScript disabled?

    Address munging solves no problem, but creates quite a few. You won't
    avoid spam, except by disconnecting from the Internet and never
    returning, so you need to handle it anyway, whether you munge your
    addresses or not. So the net effect of address munging is disruption of
    human communication.

    --
    Yucca, http://www.cs.tut.fi/~jkorpela/
    Jukka K. Korpela, Dec 28, 2004
  4. On 12/28/04 6:07 AM, in article ,
    "Big Bill" <> wrote:

    > I found a proggie that does this - is it any good or can you
    > smartieboots types see right through it?
    >
    > <SCRIPT LANGUAGE=javascript>
    > <!--
    > var fk7="mai"
    > var snk="lto:"
    > var utl='kruse'+'%40'+'cityscape.co'+'.'+'uk';
    > var itk='email me';
    > document.write('<A H'+'REF="'+fk7+snk+utl+'">'+itk+'</A>');
    > //-->
    >
    > and could I put it in an external file and link to it? Would that make
    > a diff?
    >
    > BB
    >

    > --
    > www.kruse.co.uk
    > home of SEO that's shiny!
    > --

    I've mangled mine like this:

    <a
    href="mailto:jeffb@wizar
    dofdraws.com">
    Email</a>

    Seems to work for me. I still get some spam, but it appears to be from old
    address databases since a lot of it uses an address I don't use anymore.
    --
    Jeff 'The Wizard of Draws' Bucchino
    Cartoons with a Touch of Magic
    Wizard of Draws, Dec 29, 2004