    long to load?

    Any breakthru's?

    TIA
    Raiden, Jun 23, 2004

  2. >From: (Raiden)
    >I'm just wondering if there is any decent
    >ways of getting good quality music on
    >sites these days without it taking an age
    >to download?

    Putting music on webpages to play automatically in the background can be
    anoying to many users, especially if it is unrelated to the page
    content... But if you must, ...use a midi file... embeded ...they are
    generally smaller in size and load quicker... e. g.
    http://davmagic.com/topics/PAGES10.html

    Web Design, Magic, Painting, Junking, More
    http://www.davmagic.com
    Paint A House
    http://www.paintahouse.com
    NOTE: This emailbox is CLOSED do NOT reply!!!
    Davmagic .Com, Jun 23, 2004

  3. Raiden

    Whitecrest Guest

    In article <>, says...
    > I'm just wondering if there is any decent ways of getting good quality music
    > on sites these days without it taking an age to download? Maybe through
    > flash somehow as these tend to have music with the videos and don't take too
    > long to load?
    > Any breakthru's?

    Yes, convert to mp3, and put a link to the song. that is the easiest.
    Most players will do what is called a "progressive download" That is,
    if it downloads faster than it plays, then it will be streaming.
    --
    Whitecrest Entertainment
    www.whitecrestent.com
    Whitecrest, Jun 23, 2004
  4. Raiden

    Whitecrest Guest

    In article <>,
    says...
    > >From: (Raiden)
    > >I'm just wondering if there is any decent
    > >ways of getting good quality music on
    > >sites these days without it taking an age
    > >to download?

    > Putting music on webpages to play automatically in the background can be
    > anoying to many users, especially if it is unrelated to the page
    > content...

    I took it as the OP just wanted downloadable music on his site, not
    background music. But you are right if you must do background music,
    use midi.

    --
    Whitecrest Entertainment
    www.whitecrestent.com
    Whitecrest, Jun 23, 2004
  5. Raiden

    Jeff Thies Guest

    "Raiden" <> wrote in message
    > I'm just wondering if there is any decent ways of getting good quality

    music
    > on sites these days without it taking an age to download? Maybe through
    > flash somehow as these tend to have music with the videos and don't take

    too
    > long to load?
    >
    > Any breakthru's?

    You don't want breakthru's. You need something that is widely supported.
    Have you tried Real Audio? It's not as accurate as mp3's but the file size
    is much smaller and it is rather easy to stream (no download time).

    Jeff

    Jeff Thies, Jun 24, 2004
  6. Raiden

    Spartanicus Guest

    "Raiden" <> wrote:

    >I'm just wondering if there is any decent ways of getting good quality music
    >on sites these days

    On request only I hope?

    Streaming: http://www.spartanicus.utvinternet.ie/streaming.htm

    >Maybe through
    >flash somehow as these tend to have music with the videos and don't take too
    >long to load?

    Flash offers no advantages in this regard, but it will form a barrier
    that will prevent access to the content for a considerable group of
    users.

    --
    Spartanicus
    Spartanicus, Jun 24, 2004