must "explanation" {.test.} style not working in my unit tests

Discussion in 'Ruby' started by Vahagn Hayrapetyan, Apr 29, 2011.

  1. Vahagn Hayrapetyan, Apr 29, 2011

  2. Vahagn Hayrapetyan, Apr 30, 2011

  3. Vahagn Hayrapetyan

    serialhex Guest

    On Fri, Apr 29, 2011 at 3:19 PM, Vahagn Hayrapetyan <>wrote:

    > Hi, I'm trying to use this extension:
    >
    > https://github.com/sandal/rbp/blob/master/testing/test_unit_extensions.rb

    are you including that code at the top of your test file? or at least having
    a "test_helper.rb" file you require into your tests?? i've used this syntax
    before but not extensively, so i dont know how much help i will be.
    hex
    serialhex, Apr 30, 2011
  4. @Chad: cheers!

    @serialhex:

    >or at least having a "test_helper.rb" file you require into your tests??

    I wasn't doing that since I had the impression (from reading about this
    syntax) that this method was integrated into Test::Unit, so one could
    just use it "out of the box". Apparently I was wrong - I've pasted it
    into a helper file and required it and now it's working.

    Thanks! V.

    Vahagn Hayrapetyan, May 2, 2011