    Does the program logic make sense?

    thank you for your patient reply and instructions.
    May goodness be with you all

    mike, Apr 13, 2005

  2. mike

    Rogan Dawes Guest

    mike wrote:
    > regards:
    >
    > I write java code to simulate my machine as a HTTP server,
    > what is the "MUST REPLY" HTTP response headers?
    >
    > In my small survey,I think there are 2 "MUST REPLY" HTTP response
    > headers.
    >
    > (1)Content-Length: (length of content which will be transmitted)
    > (2)Content-Type: (by
    > http://www.iana.org/assignments/media-types/)
    >
    > Does the program logic make sense?
    >
    > thank you for your patient reply and instructions.
    > May goodness be with you all

    Read the RFC - RFC 2616, Sections 6 and 7, to be precise.

    Neither of those headers that you mention are REQUIRED as such. End of
    content can be signalled by simply closing the connection, and
    applications can "guess" the content-type if the Content-Type header is
    not present.

    Rogan
    --
    Rogan Dawes

    *ALL* messages to will be dropped, and added
    to my blacklist. Please respond to "nntp AT dawes DOT za DOT net"

    Rogan Dawes, Apr 13, 2005