Mutex could not be created.

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by Raghuvansh, May 18, 2004.

  1. Raghuvansh

    Raghuvansh Guest

    I deployed my asp.net in vb.net vdir 'dotnet'. Its under a parent vdir
    'Leg'

    I am getting the following error (see below).

    If I deploy teh same vdir 'dotnet' as the parent vdir, its working
    fine. Am clueless why it wont work inside 'Leg'.

    All other parent .net vdirs work fine.

    Any ideas??

    Thanks

    Server Error in '/Leg/dotnet' Application.

    Mutex could not be created.

    Exception Details: System.InvalidOperationException: Mutex could not
    be created.

    Source Error:

    Stack Trace:

    [InvalidOperationException: Mutex could not be created.]
    System.Web.Compilation.CompilationMutex..ctor(Boolean initialOwner,
    String name, String comment) +245
    System.Web.Compilation.CompilationLock..cctor() +112

    [TypeInitializationException: The type initializer for
    "System.Web.Compilation.CompilationLock" threw an exception.]
    System.Web.UI.TemplateParser.GetParserCacheItemInternal(Boolean
    fCreateIfNotFound) +20
    System.Web.UI.TemplateParser.GetParserCacheItem() +32
    System.Web.UI.ApplicationFileParser.GetCompiledApplicationType(String
    inputFile, HttpContext context, ApplicationFileParser& parser) +171
    System.Web.HttpApplicationFactory.CompileApplication(HttpContext
    context) +43
    System.Web.HttpApplicationFactory.Init(HttpContext context) +485
    System.Web.HttpApplicationFactory.GetApplicationInstance(HttpContext
    context) +170
    System.Web.HttpRuntime.ProcessRequestInternal(HttpWorkerRequest wr)
    +414

    Raghuvansh, May 18, 2004