Mutex instance not exported from Xilinx EDK to SDK

Discussion in 'VHDL' started by Onkel_Skod, Mar 26, 2010.

  1. Onkel_Skod

    Onkel_Skod

    Joined:
    Mar 26, 2010
    Messages:

    I'm trying to learn Xilinx EDK and Platform Studio and is doing a little project to get familiar with it.

    In my design i have 3 microblaze CPU's which share the same RS232 UART, each running the same simple HelloWorld program. I have introduced a mutex IP module so that the CPU's dont access the UART at the same time. It works just fine with the two CPU's connected to the two first PLB interfaces on the mutex (SPLB0 and SPLB1). But when i connect a CPU to one of the six other PLB interfaces (SPLB2-SPLB7), then when i export the design to SDK the xparameters.h file belonging to the CPU does not contain any information about the mutex. Only the following:

    /* Definitions for peripheral XPS_MUTEX_0 */

    #define XPAR_XMUTEX_NUM_INSTANCES 0

    I have tried to copy the definitions for the mutex from the xparameters.h file belonging the other CPU's (Changing the ID's and addresses of course), then the program compiled but nothing came out on the RS232 port from that CPU. I therefore think that my problem lies in the EDK and not the SDK since it is not exporting correctly.

    I'm using Platform Studio 11.5 by the way.

    What am I doing wrong, any ideas?

    Regards

    Mads

    Onkel_Skod, Mar 26, 2010