Mutiple Instance of Single EXE - VC++

varadha

Hi,

My Application listening to a port of my machine and it response
with data to the requesting system. This application is provided as
a service in my machine.

Now i am planning to have more than one instance of this application
listening to the input request.How sholuld create multiple instance
of the application.Is is possible to have same port for listening for
all the instances.

Thanks in advance,

Varadha

Thomas Matthews

varadha said:
Hi,

My Application listening to a port of my machine and it response
with data to the requesting system. This application is provided as
a service in my machine.

Now i am planning to have more than one instance of this application
listening to the input request.How sholuld create multiple instance
of the application.Is is possible to have same port for listening for
all the instances.

Thanks in advance,

Varadha

Instances of applications are an operating systems issue and best
discussed in a newsgroup dedicated to your operating system.

--
Thomas Matthews

C++ newsgroup welcome message:
http://www.slack.net/~shiva/welcome.txt
alt.comp.lang.learn.c-c++ faq:
Other sites:

varadha

i will be Using the VC++ code for creating instance of the application.

Is is possible for me to create a Mutiple thread's application that will
listen to single port (listening is dine using using the bind function.)

Thanks in Advance

Varadha

Kevin Goodsell

varadha said:
i will be Using the VC++ code for creating instance of the application.

Is is possible for me to create a Mutiple thread's application that will
listen to single port (listening is dine using using the bind function.)

You need a group that discusses VC++ or Windows programming. Please read
the welcome message for this group in order to avoid future off-topic
posting:

http://www.slack.net/~shiva/welcome.txt

-Kevin