Mutiple Instance of Single EXE - VC++

Discussion in 'C++' started by varadha, Sep 9, 2003.

  1. varadha

    varadha Guest

    Hi,

    My Application listening to a port of my machine and it response
    with data to the requesting system. This application is provided as
    a service in my machine.

    Now i am planning to have more than one instance of this application
    listening to the input request.How sholuld create multiple instance
    of the application.Is is possible to have same port for listening for
    all the instances.

    Thanks in advance,

    Varadha

    varadha, Sep 9, 2003

  2. varadha wrote:
    > Hi,
    >

    > My Application listening to a port of my machine and it response
    > with data to the requesting system. This application is provided as
    > a service in my machine.
    >
    > Now i am planning to have more than one instance of this application
    > listening to the input request.How sholuld create multiple instance
    > of the application.Is is possible to have same port for listening for
    > all the instances.
    >

    > Thanks in advance,
    >
    > Varadha

    Instances of applications are an operating systems issue and best
    discussed in a newsgroup dedicated to your operating system.

    --
    Thomas Matthews

    C++ newsgroup welcome message:
    http://www.slack.net/~shiva/welcome.txt
    alt.comp.lang.learn.c-c++ faq:
    Other sites:

    Thomas Matthews, Sep 9, 2003

  3. varadha

    varadha Guest

    i will be Using the VC++ code for creating instance of the application.

    Is is possible for me to create a Mutiple thread's application that will
    listen to single port (listening is dine using using the bind function.)

    Thanks in Advance

    Varadha

    varadha, Sep 9, 2003
  4. varadha wrote:

    > i will be Using the VC++ code for creating instance of the application.
    >
    > Is is possible for me to create a Mutiple thread's application that will
    > listen to single port (listening is dine using using the bind function.)

    You need a group that discusses VC++ or Windows programming. Please read
    the welcome message for this group in order to avoid future off-topic
    posting:

    http://www.slack.net/~shiva/welcome.txt

    -Kevin

    Kevin Goodsell, Sep 9, 2003