mutliple websites/code

joe klein

I have multiple websites on single IIS. I have a function (in a
seperate aspx.vb file) that I want to use for all the default pages on
these sites. How do I 'call' this function' from the aspx files
without copying the files into each 'bin' folders? what is the syntax
for the code (as I am beginner)import, etc, if needed, thanks in
advance
Joe

CSharpTooth

You could compile the function in an assembly, then register the assembly in
the GAC (Global Assembly Cache) and it would be available from all of your
sites once you add a reference to it.

Or..

You can deploy it in a seperate folder and add a virtual directory to it
from each of your sites. Then use the @Assembly directive as such

<%@ Assembly Src="pathname" %>

where pathname could be "/yourvirtual/yourcode.vb"