MVC & ASP.Net - I dont get it??

Richard Coltrane

Hello,

Can anyone point me in the direction of some good introductory resources to
MVC and Web. I have looked up several resources on MVC in general (none of
which have any code samples) but I dont get hw it applies to web.

In a winforms app i can see how MVC plays out. I have 2(n) different views,
something changes in one of them, so we fire off a message to notify the
other to update. The makes senseto me because their both "connected".

When it comes to the web however I dont get it. We have to post back to the
server to get any changes, so I dont get how MVC is of any use -- to me its
just plain old 3 tier logic.

I'd really appreciate some pointers to resources with before and after type
code. I see MVC for ASP.net all around but I dont understand the benefits
and everything Ive read seems pitched at those who already "get it".

Thanks

Richard