    Right now I have a design under Model 1.5(?) IE using JSP's and Beans,
    but I should move some of the code over to Servlets, and Model 2 (MVC)
    makes sense to me.
    Edward A Thompson, Jul 12, 2003

  2. Edward A Thompson

    Ed Thompson Guest

    Darren Davison wrote:

    > Edward A Thompson wrote:
    >

    >>Can anyone point me to a discussion, or better yet, an example or
    >>tutorial, of implementing an MVC type design that doesn't immediately
    >>digress into a discussion on Struts?

    > nothing stopping you writing one, but if you want to look at an alternative
    > (and simpler) MVC framework, try Maverick <http://mav.sourceforge.net>

    I 'll try Maverick - might be just the ticket
    Ed Thompson, Jul 12, 2003

  3. Edward A Thompson

    Tim Jowers Guest

    Ed Thompson <> wrote in message news:<>...
    > Darren Davison wrote:
    >
    > > Edward A Thompson wrote:
    > >

    > >>Can anyone point me to a discussion, or better yet, an example or
    > >>tutorial, of implementing an MVC type design that doesn't immediately
    > >>digress into a discussion on Struts?

    > > nothing stopping you writing one, but if you want to look at an alternative
    > > (and simpler) MVC framework, try Maverick <http://mav.sourceforge.net>
    > >

    > I 'll try Maverick - might be just the ticket

    I worked on one system pre-Struts. The design was
    1) Each page has a hidden field identifying the Servlet to handle the
    request.
    2) All requests went to one servlet (controller) and then were
    forwarded according the the hidden field. CLASSPATH was used to look
    up the other servlets. Also, security was based on each servlet and
    checked by user login (role) and servlet to be accessed.
    Tim Jowers, Jul 14, 2003