    What causes the creation of the mvwres?
    What would happen if this page used a master page (i.e. no head section)?

    thanks,

    Chuck P, Sep 26, 2007

  2. Hi Chuck,

    I have no past experience on this mvwres stuff, I also searched internally
    and didn't find much information on this. Would you please tell me how to
    reproduce this issue on my side? After I reproduced it, I will consult
    within our internal discussion list to see if anyone can explain more about
    it. Thanks.

    Regards,
    Walter Wang (, remove 'online.')
    Microsoft Online Community Support

    Walter Wang [MSFT], Sep 27, 2007

  3. Chuck P

    Chuck P Guest

    Chuck P, Sep 27, 2007
  4. Hi Chuck,

    Thanks for the information.

    I will consult this in our internal discussion list and get back to you
    later.

    Walter Wang [MSFT], Sep 28, 2007
  5. Hi Chuck,

    Sorry for delayed reply.

    I'm including the reply from ASP.NET team about this mvwres custom protcol
    here:

    <quote>
    ASP.NET doesn't use the custom protocol. Only Visual Studio and other
    designer tools use it. There is an interface,
    System.Web.UI.IResourceUrlGenerator that is used when a control wants to
    create a URL to an embedded WebResource. At runtime the ASP.NET URL
    generator creates links in the form
    ~/Site/WebResource.axd?d=<data>&t=<timestamp>. At design time the tool's
    (Visual Studio) URL generator creates links in whatever format it wants. In
    the specific case of VS it uses a custom protocol handler called "mvwres"
    with a custom URL format to generate those URLs.

    Whether at runtime or design time, the URLs are used to locate and load the
    specified resource, whether it's a JS files, CSS file, HTML, GIF, etc.
    Without the custom mvwres protocol the resources wouldn't be able to load
    at design time.
    </quote>

    Hope this helps.

    Walter Wang [MSFT], Oct 3, 2007