mxDateTime on Mac: Fatal Python Error

contact

I'm trying to get mxDateTime working on a Mac so that I can use pyscopg
and cx_Oracle. The Egenix base package builds and installs quite
happily, but then when I try to import it I get
Fatal Python error: Interpreter not initialized (version mismatch?)
Abort

.... any ideas?

Environment:

OS X 10.3.8
sys.version: '2.3 (#1, Sep 13 2003, 00:49:11) \n[GCC 3.3 20030304
(Apple Computer, Inc. build 1495)]'
egenix-mx-base-2.0.6

M.-A. Lemburg

I'm trying to get mxDateTime working on a Mac so that I can use pyscopg
and cx_Oracle. The Egenix base package builds and installs quite
happily, but then when I try to import it I get

Fatal Python error: Interpreter not initialized (version mismatch?)
Abort

... any ideas?

Messages like these are usually the result of a version mismatch
between the Python interpreter and the .so file of the extensions.

Make sure you build the package using the same Python interpreter
you will later use it with.
Environment:

OS X 10.3.8
sys.version: '2.3 (#1, Sep 13 2003, 00:49:11) \n[GCC 3.3 20030304
(Apple Computer, Inc. build 1495)]'
egenix-mx-base-2.0.6

Hmm, this might also be some weird Mac OS issue. While we currently
don't support Macs directly, we do welcome suggestions to make them
work on your favorite platform.

Thanks,
--
Marc-Andre Lemburg
eGenix.com

Professional Python Services directly from the Source (#1, Mar 07 2005)________________________________________________________________________

Dave Reed

[...]

Works fine for me on a 2004 PowerBook with 10.3.8.

I'm using Python from DarwinPorts for pygtk and am using mx.DateTime
with it. I don't remember if DarwinPorts had mx.DateTime or if I
downloaded the source and installed it myself. I suspect it's the
version mismatch problem mentioned above.

502 mac:~ $ /opt/local/bin/python
Python 2.3.4 (#1, Nov 9 2004, 21:05:33)
[GCC 3.3 20030304 (Apple Computer, Inc. build 1666)] on darwin

Dave

Michael Maibaum

Messages like these are usually the result of a version mismatch
between the Python interpreter and the .so file of the extensions.

Make sure you build the package using the same Python interpreter
you will later use it with.

It is most likely a result of this:

http://mail.python.org/pipermail/python-dev/2004-December/050324.html
http://www.mail-archive.com/[email protected]/msg00964.html
Environment:

OS X 10.3.8
sys.version: '2.3 (#1, Sep 13 2003, 00:49:11) \n[GCC 3.3 20030304
(Apple Computer, Inc. build 1495)]'
egenix-mx-base-2.0.6

Hmm, this might also be some weird Mac OS issue. While we currently
don't support Macs directly, we do welcome suggestions to make them
work on your favorite platform.

If it is related to the issue I mention above, then it is a distutils specific bug fixed in current versions of Python, but not in the version installed by default by OS X.

HTH

Michael