My 2nd Glade GUI with Python

Discussion in 'Python' started by AppelonD, Jun 12, 2010.

  1. AppelonD

    AppelonD Guest

    Hi all
    I have build my first simple GUI there create users on our cooperated
    ftp server, and then generate a mail, with an PDF attached with
    credentials including a NATO phonetic edition of a random generated
    password. I still rejoice over it, sens it is my first "program" in 10
    years. The easiness of creating this simple, but yet handy program,
    convinced me to become a Python Enthusiast, and I then bought O'Rely's
    Learning Python Fourth Edition, I'm 1/4 in to it by now, and I keep
    using Python to simplify my day by day work tasks.

    Recently I decided to make my next big GUI project, there would
    Include a simple backup application for our users on Windows, This app
    should integrand with our corporate IBM tivoli storage manager backup
    system, instead of the "command lin"e "black box" there calls dsmc
    with there areas to backup. Informing the user to, remember to
    shutdown Outlook, there otherwise would lock the local PST files. In
    my first project I found that the use of Glade 3 helped me a great
    deal, so I went for it again. But this time I became so much more
    creative :) and wanted a About Dialog to show my name. I quickly made
    my GUI, and from what I know made my signals for my buttons, but I
    keep struggling with how I can connect the Menuitem4 (help -> About)
    to my About Dialog, and sense I don't know if I can connect the
    menuitem from Glade it self, or I have to define a "function" there
    show the About Dialog when Menuitem4 is active, I'm having a hard time
    getting on with my project. Could somebody give me a hint, to which
    direction I need to move along to connect my menuitem4 to my About
    Dialog, I really would appreciate it.

    I keep hitting the same tutorials on Google search, and I can't find
    the solution from them, even that I have watched carefully many times.

    Best regards
    Dennis Appelon Nielsn
    A Python Fan Boy, but a newbie...
    AppelonD, Jun 12, 2010