My anti-forgery solution

Discussion in 'C Programming' started by Richard Heathfield, May 31, 2009.

  1. As you can see in my new sig below, I've come up with a solution
    so that instead of a lot of noise along the lines of "check the
    headers!" or "invalid digital sig!" we have a lot of noise along
    the lines of "check the website link!"

    I haven't performed the necessary measurements, but I believe
    having to click a website link shaves off a few milliseconds of
    time compared with having to check post headers.

    Moreover, with my astute understanding of human nature, I have
    concluded that regulars and newcomers alike don't mind clicking
    a link every time /I/ post to this group. Therefore, everyone
    will be aware of forged posts, and there shouldn't be any of
    the aforementioned noise anyway.

    Newcomer confusion and the resulting noise have been effectively
    handled with the same problem-solving and lateral-thinking skills
    that I use in my professional programming life. I've even
    managed to make the solution efficient this time around.

    Released into the public domain. Comments welcome.

    Email: -http://www. +rjh@
    Forged article? See
    http://www.cpax.org.uk/prg/usenet/comp.lang.c/msgauth.php
    Richard Heathfield, May 31, 2009