My ASP Code won't work

Discussion in 'ASP General' started by Jacky Luk, Jul 27, 2005.

  1. Jacky Luk

    Jacky Luk Guest

    Hi,
    I have just installed IIS on my XP SP2 machine.
    This code (dreamweaver) doesn't work

    <%@ LANGUAGE="VBSCRIPT" %>
    <head>
    <title>Untitled Document</title>
    </head>

    Good Afternoon<BR>
    Welcome to this sample. It is approximately
    <%=Now()%> at the server, Here
    ---->the current time ,Now(), is not displayed

    pls help
    Jack

    Jacky Luk, Jul 27, 2005

  2. Jacky Luk

    Steven Burn Guest

    What _IS_ displayed?

    Does the file have a .asp extension or a .htm extension?

    --
    Regards

    Steven Burn
    Ur I.T. Mate Group
    www.it-mate.co.uk

    Keeping it FREE!

    Steven Burn, Jul 27, 2005

  3. Jacky Luk

    Jacky Luk Guest

    Good Afternoon
    Welcome to this sample. It is approximately at the server, Here

    I have save the file as .asp (one htm, one asp), but still displayed as
    above
    Thanks
    Jack

    "Steven Burn" <> ¼¶¼g©ó¶l¥ó·s»D:...

    Jacky Luk, Jul 27, 2005
  4. Jacky Luk

    Mark Schupp Guest

    right-click on the page and "view source". what do you see where the
    <%=Now()%> tag was?

    --
    --Mark Schupp

    Mark Schupp, Jul 27, 2005
  5. Jacky Luk

    Jacky Luk Guest

    Thanks for responding.... I can see the little tag marked on the page when
    being previewed inside DW...

    "Mark Schupp" <> ¼¶¼g©ó¶l¥ó·s»D:O4DF$...

    Jacky Luk, Jul 29, 2005
  6. Jacky Luk

    Mark Schupp Guest

    When you run the page from the web site (not from the file system) in your
    browser (not inside DW) and view source what do you see (post it here)?

    --
    --Mark Schupp

    "Jacky Luk" <> wrote in message
    > Thanks for responding.... I can see the little tag marked on the page when
    > being previewed inside DW...
    >
    > "Mark Schupp" <>
    > ¼¶¼g©ó¶l¥ó·s»D:O4DF$...
    >> right-click on the page and "view source". what do you see where the
    >> <%=Now()%> tag was?
    >>
    >> --
    >> --Mark Schupp
    >>

    >> "Jacky Luk" <> wrote in message
    >>> Good Afternoon
    >>> Welcome to this sample. It is approximately at the server, Here
    >>>
    >>> I have save the file as .asp (one htm, one asp), but still displayed as
    >>> above
    >>> Thanks

    Mark Schupp, Jul 29, 2005