My ASP.Net files dont work

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by Aparna, Feb 2, 2004.

  1. Aparna

    Aparna Guest

    I have windows xp professional as my OS , IIS 5.5 installed
    Now when later I installed ASP.NET then my aspx.net files dont work.In
    the sense only HTML part is displayed but vb script(dot net) part does
    not get displayed.
    For Example

    following is the timedisplay.aspx code
    Codebehind="TimeDisplay.aspx.vb" Inherits="Diary.TimeDisplay"%>
    <HTML>
    <HEAD>
    <title>TimeDisplay</title>
    </HEAD>
    <asp:Label id="displayLabel" style="Z-INDEX: 100; LEFT: 26px;
    POSITION: absolute; TOP: 70px" runat="server" Width="273px">A Simple
    Web Form Example</asp:Label>
    <asp:Label id="timeLabel" style="Z-INDEX: 102; LEFT: 27px;
    POSITION: absolute; TOP: 172px" runat="server"
    Width="176px"></asp:Label>&nbsp;
    </form>
    </HTML>

    The code behind file i.e. Timedisplay.aspx.vb for above aspx file is

    Public Class TimeDisplay
    Inherits System.Web.UI.Page
    Protected WithEvents displayLabel As
    System.Web.UI.WebControls.Label
    Protected WithEvents timeLabel As System.Web.UI.WebControls.Label

    InitializeComponent()

    End Sub

    System.EventArgs) Handles MyBase.Init
    'CODEGEN: This method call is required by the Web Form
    Designer
    InitializeComponent()
    timeLabel.Text =
    String.Format("{0:D2}:{1:D2}{2:D2}",DateTime.Now.Hour,
    DateTime.Now.Minute, DateTime.Now.Second)
    End Sub

    #End Region

    System.EventArgs) Handles MyBase.Load
    End Sub

    End Class

    the output in the browser is
    A Simple Web Form Example

    Where as the expected output shud be
    A Simple Web Form Example
    10.23.14

    that is both text and time.
    Only text that is HTML part is displayed but time that is vb.net part
    is not displayed..

    I have tried a number of examples, but in all only HTML part works
    like the one above.
    Please give possible solutions to this problem.I cant proceed just
    because of this

    Aparna, Feb 2, 2004

  2. Aparna

    Germano Guest

    This usually happens when you install IIS after the .NET framework. Try
    removing the framework and IIS, then install IIS followed by the framework.

    Germano, Feb 2, 2004

  3. Aparna

    Mike Smith Guest

    No NO dont remove it.. theres a more simple/faster option...

    Just reinstall the asp.net thru the
    followin command line

    C:\> <windows dir>\Microsoft.Net\framework\<version
    folder>\aspnet_regiis -i

    do that in the dos prompt and see if that helps...
    In your IIS settings, right click Default Web Site and go to properties,
    Select Home Directory and click on the configuration button, verify that the
    new extensions are registered (i.e aspx and other ...x are listed)

    Its real odd.. ive seen this happen on machines that had IIS BEFORE .NET WAS
    INSTALLED.. i noticed that it was mainly VS.NET 2002 running on XP Pros.

    Mike Smith, Feb 2, 2004
  4. Aparna

    Coder Coder Guest

    Have you compiled the code?
    Is IIS running?

    What do you expect to see?

    No server side code should be displayed in the browser window.

    http://www.xpcoder.net

    Coder Coder, Feb 2, 2004
  5. Aparna

    Aparna Guest

    I have compiled and also my IIs is running.What I expect is that the
    output for my server side code shud be there in my web pages.In the
    example which I posted the output shud be
    This is a simple web example
    12.32.48

    that is display of text and time.
    But time is not getting displayed as it involves server side sript.
    Moreover in my virtual default web site the proprty sheet's documents
    tab displays only .asp files and .htm files but no .aspx files.
    So if there is any setting problem then please tell me.
    I dont know how to go about it.I want my .net programs to work on my
    PC.

    Aparna, Feb 3, 2004
  6. Aparna

    Aparna Guest

    I reinstalled dot net.
    In My IIs settings , when I right click Default Web Site and go to
    properties,
    Select Home Directory and click on the configuration button, then I
    find only .asp,.asa extensions but not .aspx and other ...x extensions
    How do I change the configuration of my IIS settings.
    Please help as still my dot net programs are not working.

    Aparna, Feb 3, 2004
  7. Aparna

    Mike Smith Guest

    just run the command line stuff that i gave u earlier...

    Mike Smith, Feb 3, 2004
  8. Aparna

    ez Guest

    You might want to run the aspnet_regiis.exe utility.

    See this article:

    http://tinyurl.com/2cv74

    ez

    ez, Feb 4, 2004
  9. Aparna

    Paul C Guest

    Yes, just run the command line stuff. I had this problem once, and this
    command fixes it.

    Paul C, Feb 26, 2004
  10. Aparna

    Arun Guest

    Run aspnet_regiis -i, which is available as part of the .NET framework
    tools. It should fix the problem.

    Arun, Apr 25, 2004